28.75 hours per week (term time only)
Inspire their remarkable at Meadstead Primary Academy
Pupils are welcoming, polite and respectful. They are well cared for and they are proud of their school. Ofsted Jan 2019
Staff are highly supportive of leaders and work together well to support the pupils and each other. Staff say, ‘We are a really good team, a family. We work closely together.’ Ofsted Jan 2019
The headteacher supports pupils and their parents well. She ensures that they are at the forefront of decisions, reinforcing the ethos of the school. Ofsted Jan 2019
If you want to teach in an academy with children who have positive attitudes to learning, supportive leadership and tailored professional learning opportunities then we want to hear from you!
Here at Meadstead Primary Academy, we have a special and unique learning community that is proud to serve the village of Royston and surrounding areas. Our staff commute not just from Barnsley, but from Wakefield, Doncaster, Sheffield and beyond.
The children benefit from the academy having a shared ethos of remarkable teaching and learning, a keen focus on improving maths, literacy and social capital across our curriculum and a Specialised Resourced Provision that is fully inclusive within the Academy through a personalised approach.
We are looking for a passionate, motivated and dedicated Learning Support Assistant to work in partnership with teaching and other educational support staff. You will provide learning support for specific children with communication and interaction difficulties, as directed by teaching staff within a structured teaching situation or individually as required in accordance with academy policies and procedures.
- You will have a good standard of education and will have experience of working with children in a school environment.
- Some knowledge of Communication and Interaction difficulties and a variety of strategies to support children would be an advantage.
- We would particularly like to hear from graduates looking for work experience prior to teacher training
We warmly welcome visits so do come and see what makes Meadstead so special! Call the office on 01226 722153 to arrange a time to pop in.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Closing date: Monday 24 February 2020 - 4pm
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today, By clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.