Are you a Maths Teacher looking for a new challenge in the field of SEND? Maybe you’re somebody who is passionate about teaching Maths and supporting children with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD)? If the answer is yes to any of the above, then Vision for Education want to hear from you today!
We are looking for Maths Teachers in the Huntingdon and surrounding areas who are able to deliver personalised learning with optimum class sizes of around 6-7 students. You will need to be confident and knowledgeable in Secondary Maths and be particularly confident in teaching students up to GCSE Level. Ideally, you will have previously worked with children with learning disabilities and/or Autism (ASD) in a school environment. You will also need to be committed to working with children with complex needs and be passionate about helping them to reach desired learning outcomes.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, committed and flexible, and have a natural flare for teaching students with a range of different Special Educational Needs (SEND). You will also need to be resilient and be able to withstand challenging and/or anxious behaviour.
Your duties as a Supply Maths Teacher will involve:
· Teaching Maths in an engaging manner to individual pupils and small intervention groups.
· Assist to an overall programme of learning of the students you are supporting in the classroom.
· Safeguard every child you are supporting and ensure that their well-being and safety is maintained at all times.
You will need to hold a Nationally Recognised Degree and Qualified Teaching Status (QTS). We will also consider applications from people who have their QTLLS or PTLLS qualification(s).
In return for your hard work and expertise, you will be rewarded with:
· Excellent and transparent rates of pay.
· Training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling Autism Awareness and eLearning Courses (paid for by Vision) to continue your individual professional development.
· Generous Recommend a Friend Scheme.
· Dedicated team that work with our supply staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
· Wages paid directly into bank account every week via PAYE (not through an umbrella company)
· We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
If you feel you have the qualities we are looking for and would like to know more, please the Peterborough office on 01733 371371.