Vision for Education, the supply arm for TES and leading recruitment specialist, are looking to appoint a Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Teacher from September 2018.
Each day will vary as a SEND Teacher and be very unique. Your role will include teaching and supporting the learning of children with a wide spectrum of SEND; including Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD), Severe Learning Disabilities (SLD), Autism (ASD) and Social, Emotional and Behaviour (SEBD) Difficulties. We are really looking for somebody who can engage effectively with students, provide a crucial level of support in the classroom and have a calming and nurturing approach when supporting children with complex needs and learning difficulties.
We are looking for Teachers who have experience and specialise in teaching a range of subject areas, including English, Maths and Science. Your role would involve being able to manage a class of children who may have challenging behaviour, whilst ensuring that lessons are engaging, motivating and inspiring. You will expected to provide a level of attention appropriate to individual pupil's needs and be able to modify you approach to ensure that desired learning outcomes are achieved in class In addition, you will need to be comfortable in lesson planning and marking.
You will need to have a nationally recognised teaching qualification, such as Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or PTLLS (Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector).
Ideally, applicants will need to:
· Have a good working knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice.
· Be able to travel to and from Bourne.
· Be able to deliver effective and engaging lessons for students with SEND.
· Have experience working with ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder), MLD, SLD, PMLD, SEMH, EBD and/or pupils with physical difficulties.
· Be available from September 2018.
· Be considerate of the principles of child development and learning processes.
· Be trained in areas such as Moving and Handling and Team Teach.
In return for your hard work and expertise, you will be rewarded with:
· Excellent and transparent rates of pay.
· Consistent seminars and training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling Autism Awareness (paid for by Vision) to continue your individual professional development.
· Generous Refer a Friend Scheme.
· Dedicated team that work with our supply staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
· Wages paid directly into your bank account every week via PAYE (not through an umbrella company)
· We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
If you feel you have the qualities we are looking for and are available from September 2018, please apply for this role today! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Peterborough office on 01733 371371 or email Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk