SEND Teaching Assistant - Fixed Term
27 hours per week 38.4 weeks per year (plus holiday entitlement)
Here at St Helen’s Primary Academy we have a unique learning community that is proud to serve Monk Bretton, and the surrounding areas. Our staff commute not just from Barnsley, but from Wakefield, Doncaster, Sheffield and beyond.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and committed support staff professional to join us. You will be responsible for supporting pupils including those with SEND across KS1 and KS2, both within classrooms and through targeted interventions.
This is a Fixed term contract till July 2019.
The successful candidate must hold English and Maths GCSE level at ‘C’ or above or equivalent.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of working successfully with young people in a school/Early Years setting
- Ideally have experience of supporting children with SEND needs
- Be robust, resilient and take a pride in helping students who can sometimes find school life challenging.
- Be flexible, positive and have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Hold NVQ Level 2 or above or be willing to work towards NVQ 2 within 12 months of securing post.
We can offer:
- A school with committed and welcoming staff that will support you throughout your career with us.
- A commitment to share and develop your expertise across Academies Enterprise Trust network of schools in Barnsley
- Enthusiastic pupils who are eager to learn
We actively welcome visits to come and meet our team and children. To arrange a visit please contact the office on 01226 295210
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
Closing date: Friday 19th October 2018
This position is required to start as soon as possible. Interviews are scheduled to be held Thursday 25th October.
For further information on this position and to make an application please click the apply now button.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.