We have a great opportunity to invite an experienced and enthusiastic individual to join our dedicated team of staff as an SEND Teaching Assistant.
St Alfege with St Peter’s Church of England Primary School is a one-form entry school in the heart of the Greenwich. Our vision, to Dream, Strive, Achieve Celebrate with God as our Guide is a thread that runs through all that we do as a school. We want to ensure that when our children leave us they are fully prepared for the next phase of their personal and educational journey.
The SEND TA role is an ideal role for those who genuinely have a passion for helping children, particularly those with special educational needs, as our appointed candidate will work both within a group setting and on a 1:1 basis across the school
The position is for 33 hours per week (Monday 8.30am-4.30pm, Tuesday-Friday 8.30am-4.00pm) term time only, on Scale 3 (£22,185 pro rata. £18,147 actual salary)
What does the role involve?
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate experience in:
• Establishing supportive relationships,
• Taking into account the learning support required, to support children to engage with their learning as effectively as possible,
• To assist the class teacher and other professionals as appropriate, in the implementation of directed programmes of support
• To deliver targeted interventions,
• Assisting the named children with their educational and social development, on an individual and group basis,
• Providing expertise to deliver a personalised curriculum for each pupil’s learning.
We are looking for colleagues who:
• Have high expectations of themselves and the care of pupils
• Are committed to achieving the highest outcomes for all children
• Will contribute to the positive ethos of the school
• Have a flexible attitude and a genuine passion to change children’s lives by inspiring them to reach and exceed their social and academic potential
• Be able to communicate effectively and relate well to both children and adults
• Work well within a team
• Are open and friendly
• Are able to support the distinctive Christian nature of our school
As a school, we highly value our Teaching and Learning Support Assistants and are committed to offering training, development and additional coaching to achieve desired goals. We can also offer you a supportive and dedicated staff team, a welcoming environment and welcoming children who are keen to learn.
Closing date for applications: noon on Friday 24th September 2021.
Early application is encouraged as we review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert earlier than the stated deadline.
Interviews will take place in person at the school.
Completed application forms can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a school we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our school community equally, without compromise. The school is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
St Alfege with St Peter's Church of England Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years
St Alfege with St Peter's is a small school with a BIG vision. We are proud of our school, serving the community of Greenwich for over 150 years. We are committed to developing every aspect of our children, as demonstrated by our SIAMS re...