SEND Teaching Assistant
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are 6 weeks experience in a school, experience working as a Teaching Assistant or within a SEND environment. We only use P.A.Y.E, we do not operate with umbrella companies.
Working as part of a dynamic and creative SEN team, the SEND Teaching Assistant will focus on promoting a variety of methods to communicate with young people and promote autonomy and independence, while also providing general classroom support for a class of 4 – 10 children.
This SEND school is looking for a committed and successful SEND Teaching Assistant to join their motivated team. The schools have a rewarding environment. The local community is highly supportive of the school and parental involvement is very positive.
To be considered for the SEND Teaching Assistant position, you will:
- Have minimum of 6 weeks experience in a school.
- Have experience of working as a Teaching Assistant in a SEND environment.
- Be experienced in working with smaller nurture groups to boost attainment.
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
- The ability to liaise with parents and teachers.
- Be patient and supportive.
- Be comfortable working on a group and 1:1 basis.
- Ideally have experience delivering educational support.
Vision for education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a SEND Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Teesside SEND team on 01642 694 117.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Vision for Education Ltd
- Supply agency