ST. MARY’S CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL NORTHAMPTON NN5 7HX
Fixed Term - Unspecified End
This post is fixed term to cover:
The post is for the duration of the named child's attendance at our school.
SEN Teaching Assistant – 26 ¼ hrs p.w.
We are looking to appoint a Special Needs Teaching Assistant as soon as possible to support a KS1 pupil.
Applicants should have:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- English and Maths level 2 or above
- Experience of working with children of primary school age
- A friendly and approachable manner
- The ability to deal professionally and sensitively with children parents and staff and other agencies as necessary
- The ability to set demanding and challenging expectations and promote self-esteem and independence.
Training, knowledge, and experience of working with children with developmental, social communication and emotional/behavioral difficulties would be advantageous.
Duties will include supporting the child’s social and academic learning both within and outside the classroom. You will need a firm but fair approach and feel comfortable to work on your own initiative when the need arises.
In return we can offer:
- A welcoming and caring ethos where everyone is valued and supported.
- A dedicated and friendly team of staff and governors.
- Well behaved children who are keen to learn.
Interview date is Tuesday 18th December 2018
Our school offers a distinctive Catholic education where everyone is able to feel valued, confident and secure. By working closely together, we create a challenging, stimulating and effective learning environment where Christ is our inspiration.
St. Mary’s Catholic Primary School is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils and staff, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced CRB disclosure.
Grade E Points 13 - 16
Closing Date& Short listing:Thursday 13th December at 12:00pm
Anticipated Date:Thursday 3rd January 2019
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties within the school as may be reasonably expected, without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. This is a common occurrence and would not justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.