Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a part-time Teaching Assistant to join our successful supply teaching support team and to work in a local Special Educational Needs (SEN) School in Peterborough. This will be a part-time, Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Teaching Assistant role commencing in April 2018 which may increase to full-time from May 2018.
This is a small Special Educational Needs (SEN) School who are looking for a committed and successful practitioner to join their motivated team. The school has state of the art specialist facilities for children with additional and complex needs, and a supportive, driven and successful teaching and management team. The community is highly supported in the school and they value themselves as a school that aims to provide the best and excellent level of care to children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
The successful Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) will have experience and excellent knowledge of working with individuals with learning difficulties and disabilities. Ideally, the successful candidate will be a Qualified Level 2 or 3 Teaching Assistant, although this isn’t essential. This is because it’s more important that we appoint a Teaching Assistant who has a very calm, nurturing and engaging approach when it comes to supporting children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
To be considered for this position of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Teaching Assistant, you must:
· Have experience of supporting children, young people and/ or adults with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND); including Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD), Social, Emotional and Behavioural (SEBD) Difficulties, Autism (ASD/ASC), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and/or Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Difficulties.
· Have a genuine desire and passion to become part of a committed team of Special Educational Needs Staff.
· Be able to build a positive and strong rapport with children and young people.
· Have the ability to hit the ground running in a sometimes quite challenging environment.
· Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons and intervention classes.
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Teaching Assistant, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
· Support through your placements
· Unparalleled daily rates
· Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
· £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
· Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Professional who can enthuse, motivate and engage students, and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
Apply today or for more information on this role and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) across Cambridgeshire, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk