Vision for Education is looking for an excellent SEND Teaching Assistant with experience of working with pupils with Asperger’s and ADHD, someone who can also deal with behavioral difficulties calmly and effectively. This position is to work 1:1 with a high support level in one of our unique special schools within South Yorkshire
Within this school each pupil has their own individual requirements and needs; however the most likely characteristics you may come across will be that the pupil is:
· Unable to cope with the pressures of mainstream education.
· Eccentric and challenging in their behaviour.
· Has educational potential, however is likely to be underachieving.
· Verbally skilled and has at least on special talent, which can be used to build self esteem.
As the ideal candidate you must be:
· Patient and understanding.
· Be flexible with your teaching styles in order to adapt to each individual.
· Be confident working 1:1.
· Liaise effectively with parents and colleagues.
Benefits of working with Vision for Education:
· Rewarding and competitive rates of pay.
· Professional 24/7 support.
· Free CPD Training Opportunities
· Committed consultants.
· Paid through PAYE
We have a generous Recommend a Friend Scheme. For every Teacher or TA you refer, you will receive a gift voucher of your choice after they complete their first day of work for Vision for Education.
You must hold a current enhanced DBS certificate or be willing to undergo one.
This position is to start as soon as possible with the likeliness that this will run until September 2018 and you will be required for 2.5 days per week.
Please apply now with your CV and if requirements are met our team will be in touch with you shortly.