Pay Range Grade B (£6,563 - £13,550)
Position Start Date As soon as possible
Contract Type Various Part time SEND vacancies across EYFS
Contract Term Fixed Term – linked to named pupils
Application Close 1st April 2020
Stifford Clays Primary School is a happy and positive school looking to appoint effective, caring, enthusiastic and experienced SEND Teaching Assistants to join our friendly and supportive team. We have Various Part Time SEND vacancies across the EYFS phase from 15 hours to 27.5 hours oer week, this includes pupils within KS1 who are working towards EYFS age expectations. The SEND Teaching Assistant's (LSA) main role is to provide support for SEND pupils to ensure that they can integrate as fully as possible, promoting learning and social skills through providing appropriate, resources and materials.
• Be experienced in working with children with speech, language and communication needs
• have a strong knowledge and understanding of the EYFS curriculum
• have the ability to create positive learning environments
• have high expectations of pupil attainment and behaviour
• have evidence of the ability to enthuse and motivate pupils
• have a strong and caring personality and are calm, patient and firm
• have good organisation and communication skills
• will be committed to providing a ‘child-centred nurturing’ ethos, collaborative team-work and flexible working.
Why Stifford Clays Primary School?
We are a community-focused school for 2 to 11 year olds, located centrally in the Stifford Clays ward of Thurrock. We serve a diverse community and welcome all children who live in the local area. The original infant and junior schools were built in 1954 and were one form of entry. The school has grown hugely to accommodate 90 children in each year group.
Stifford Clays Primary School is an extremely happy and positive school. We are an Ofsted ‘good’ school (2016 full inspection; 2019 Section 8 inspection) where “Staff and pupils work as a team with a ‘can-do’ attitude.” and “In lessons, most pupils try hard and enjoy learning. They are keen to do well.” (Ofsted 2019).
We are a Multi-Academy Trust who wishes to ensure our profession remains supportive and exciting, and we welcome all candidates including those embarking on their first stage of their career. This is an exciting time to join SWECET, which was established in 2015 with the belief that every young person in our community needs and deserves an education that will maximise their future life chances. We will offer the successful candidate:
• The support of an experienced CEO and Primary Executive Head Teacher
• A highly professional, dedicated staff and supportive Trust Board
• Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression
• Comprehensive training and development opportunities supported by Thurrock Teaching School Alliance
• A health and well-being package
• A competitive salary
• A two week October half term
• The opportunity of becoming part of a growing organisation
Visits from prospective candidates are warmly welcomed and encouraged. We can accommodate a visit any time. If you would like to arrange a visit to the school or require any further information please contact call the recruitment team on 01375 486000 or e-mail email@example.com
Please return your completed application form to:
HR Department, c/o William Edwards School, Stifford Clays Road, Grays, Essex RM16 3NJ
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.