Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint Supply Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Teaching Assistants to join our successful supply teaching support team and to work in local Special Educational Needs (SEN) schools and provisions in Wisbech.
The successful Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Teaching Assistant will be working on a supply basis, as and when schools require cover. You will need to have an understanding and experience of supporting children, young people and/or adults with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and Learning Disabilities. The ideal candidate will be involved in providing individualised support to children both inside and outside of the classroom, working on a 1:1 basis and within small groups, and accompanying students to relevant therapy sessions if required.
The successful Supply Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Teaching Assistant will have experience and excellent knowledge of working with individuals with learning difficulties and disabilities. Ideally, the successful candidate will be a Qualified Level 2 or 3 Teaching Assistant, although this isn’t essential. This is because it’s more important that we appoint a Supply Teaching Assistant who has a very calm, nurturing and engaging approach when it comes to supporting children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
Applications from practitioners from a Support Worker and/or Career background are also strongly encouraged to apply for this position, as well as Teaching Assistants from a mainstream school background.
To be considered for this position of Supply Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Teaching Assistant, you must:
· Have experience of supporting children, young people and/ or adults with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND); including Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD), Social, Emotional and Behavioural (SEBD) Difficulties, Autism (ASD/ASC), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and/or Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Difficulties.
· Able to cover sickness and training days last minute.
· Be flexible, adaptable and able to travel to different Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) schools and provisions across Wisbech.
· Have a genuine desire and passion to become part of a committed team of Special Educational Needs Staff.
· Be able to build a positive and strong rapport with children and young people.
· Have the ability to hit the ground running in a sometimes quite challenging environment.
· Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons and intervention classes.
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a Supply Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Teaching Assistant, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
· Support through your placements
· Unparalleled daily rates
· Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
· £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
· Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a Supply Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students, and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
Apply today or for more information on this role and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) across Cambridgeshire and Fenland, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk