Downham Feoffees Primary Academy is situated in a delightful village community in Little Downham, 5 minutes from the historic city of Ely, Cambridgeshire. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, motivated SENDCo to join our team within the supportive and successful Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust.
You will be expected to lead SEND strategically throughout the school. You will be accountable to the Principal.
We are looking for someone who:
• Knows and understands the SEN Code of Practice;
• Is able to contribute to school self-evaluation and development plans;
• Offers guidance and support to colleagues;
• Is creative, with high expectations of behaviour and achievement;
• Is enthusiastic about teaching and learning and being the best they can be;
• Is excited about exploring ways to develop teaching and learning across all subjects;
• Is enthusiastic about the opportunities in our school and across the trust;
• Is committed to safeguarding and wellbeing for children and staff.
For further information, please see the job description and the person specification.
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to work with a friendly, dynamic and dedicated team;
• Fantastic children with a strong behaviour ethos;
• The chance to work in a school where you can really make a difference and develop changes;
• Opportunities to develop your skills through CPD development and research projects;
• The chance to teach in a fantastic village setting;
• The chance to be part of our school’s improvement journey to good and beyond.
This post is for 1 day per week.
Downham Feoffees is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
To find out more about the post and the vision for the School or to arrange a visit please call the school office on 01353 699325 and ask to speak with Susan Jaques, Principal, or email email@example.com.
Closing date Midday, Monday, 24th February 2020
Interviews to be held on: Thursday, 27th February 2020