OneSchool Global UK is part of the OneSchool Global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9,000 students are benefitting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods such as Self-Directed Learning and extensive use of learning technologies.
Our small and friendly team at our Dunstable Campus are looking to recruit an experienced and interactive SENDCo / Specialist Teacher to join the team on a full time, permanent basis. You will be adept at coaching our students to see and lead through challenges in their learning, so they make the best possible progress in each and every lesson.
Our schools offer achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to our students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education and pay meticulous attention to detail.
• Have Qualified Teacher Status with at least 4 years experience
• Experience of working with children with a wide range of SEN
• Have experience of working successfully and cooperating as a member of a team
• Have experience of training other teachers and/or introducing SEN initiatives
• Have experience of working alongside other teachers in the development of teaching and learning
• Have experience of setting settings and monitoring, evaluating and recording progress
• Experience of teaching children with complex needs across KS2-KS5
• Good knowledge of the Primary and Secondary curriculum
• Possess a good understanding of SEND procedures
• Have a diverse set of skills which will enable you to be flexible working in the classroom for both theory and practical sessions, as well as in our modern learning centre
• Be an innovative and reflective practitioner who is keen to learn
• Respect and promote the schools Ethos and Values
• Supportive staff, and an involved community who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• Excellent premises and well-equipped classrooms providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
• A competitive salary (including a staff laptop) and Teachers Pension Contributions
• Professional support from OneSchool Global UK to continually progress and develop your career - equivalent to 100 hours per academic year
• Strategic development of the school’s Special Educational Needs (SEND) provision and oversight of the day to day operation of that policy with the aim of raising SEND pupil achievement
• Oversee the Learning Support at our Northampton Primary campus, working with the Learning Support Coordinator
• To raise standards of achievement of children with a SEND
• To increase staff confidence and competence in teaching children with a SEND
• To ensure children with a SEND have full entitlement to the National Curriculum
• To ensure that the educational needs of children who have complex needs are met, and that they become independent learners and achieve their full potential. To advise and work with educators regarding the needs of children who have complex and multiple difficulties
• Put provision in place to ensure that progress of pupils with SEND is good or better
• Ensure that the school carries out its statutory responsibilities regarding all students with an EHCP, undertaking reviews and termly meetings with parents
• Support all staff in understanding the needs of SEND pupils through development and training
• Monitor progress towards targets for pupils with SEND after each assessment point and report to the Leadership Team
• To create a safe and stimulating learning environment that supports learning and in which pupils feel secure and confident
• To set high expectations for pupil behaviour, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline based on mutual respect and personal responsibility. To deal with inappropriate behaviour in the context of the school Mission Statement, Positive Behaviour Policy and Anti-Bullying Policy
• To have an up to date knowledge and understanding of the professional duties of teachers and the statutory framework within which you work
• Communicate and co-operate effectively and positively with specialists from outside agencies where applicable
For further information relating to the Campus, or for more information about OneSchool Global UK please visit: http://www.oneschoolglobal.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about the role.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Closing Date for application forms: Midday on Wednesday 22nd September 2021
Interviews will be held week commencing: WC. Monday 27th September 2021
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
OneSchool Global UK Dunstable Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
OneSchool Global UK Dunstable Campus
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 18 years
OneSchool Global UK Dunstable Campus is a Registered Independent School having a Special Religious Character. The School offers full time education for pupils from year 3 to year 13. The Primary School provides education from years 3 to 6 and the Sec...