We are looking for a forward-thinking, dynamic innovator who is excited by challenge and committed to improving the life chances of our young people. They will already hold, or be willing to undertake, the national Special Educational Needs Coordination award.
The school are proud to be part of the Nova Education Trust and are committed to providing high quality education for all our children and their families.
Firbeck Academy is situated in the Wollaton area of Nottingham and currently, there are 179 children on roll. The ethos of the school is centred upon the motto “Work Hard – Be Kind”. This motto epitomises our genuine commitment to coupling high academic expectation and achievement with a whole-team dedication to pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. We have a set of “Work Hard” values that we teach directly to ensure our pupils consciously become the best learners they can be. In addition we have “Be Kind” values – giving pupils ‘ways of being’ rather than ‘rules to follow’. Our pupils have high potential and respond well to the wide variety of learning opportunities presented to them.
Key purpose of the job
- Being the primary class teacher for a KS2 year group alongside strategically leading the SEND provision within the school.
- With the support of the Head of School and the leadership team, this role involves the day to day operation of provision made by the school for pupils with special educational needs, disability or a medical condition, in order to ensure that their learning is of the highest quality.
- Ensuring all SEND students make progress and achieve their potential.
- Working collaboratively with other schools and outside agencies to ensure the best support for all children with learning needs.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years