The Woolwich Polytechnic vision is ‘success for everyone’ and we are looking for staff that can bring this vision to reality. Woolwich Poly, part of the PolyMAT multi academy trust, is an all-inclusive boys’ school with a co-educational at Post 16 and is rated Good by Ofsted. The school prides itself on a culture of high standards from staff and pupils. It is a demanding yet rewarding school where students and staff feel valued and supported.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional SENDCo. An individual who will promote a positive profile of the SEND department to staff, pupils, parents, carers and the wider community as well as providing professional guidance to staff to secure outstanding teaching for SEND pupils. The successful candidate will lead and support the department in achieving its ambitious targets and goals.
Applicants must hold qualified teacher status and have SENDco qualification
The successful candidate will:
• Contribute to the effective leadership of the school.
• Promote, monitor and support student learning and be responsible for the progress of students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
• Be responsible for leading, managing and developing staff in the SEND department.
• Raise standards of student attainment and attitudes to learning of students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
• Ensure effective coordination of all aspects of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Provision.
• Maintain the school’s register of SEND pupils and collate and update related records, ensuring they are available for reference with due consideration for confidentiality.
We are a school who knows that our success is due to the high-quality staff we employ, therefore we make staff wellbeing and development a priority. More details of this are shown below.
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School we can offer you:
• Opportunities for career progression
• Excellent professional development
• A contributory pension scheme
• Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
• Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee
• An employee assistance programme
• Childcare vouchers
• Season ticket loans
• Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
• Excellent catering facilities
• Secure on-site parking
• A focus on wellbeing with a dedicated wellbeing committee to liaise with SLT
PolyMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all trustees, staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, along with other relevant employment checks, including overseas criminal background checks, where applicable. All new trustees, employees and volunteers will be required to undertake safeguarding training on induction, which will be regularly updated in line with statutory guidance.
The school is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The closing date for applications is 22nd April 2021. Interviews are scheduled for week commencing 3rd May 2021.
If you feel that this is a school for you, then please apply by completing the application form at www.woolwichpoly.co.uk
We look forward to hearing from you.
Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 19 years
Woolwich Poly is located in Thamesmead, a thriving multi-cultural and diverse area in the London Borough of Greenwich, where around 65% of our students have English as an additional language; Ofsted noted our outstanding ethos and curriculum.”T...