Ark Burlington Danes Academy is seeking to appoint a dedicated SENDCo to lead and develop SEN provision in our Secondary School. We are a non-selective 11-18 comprehensive school. The academy opened in September 2006 and has made rapid progress to become a highly successful and over-subscribed local school. In its 2013 OFSTED inspection Burlington Danes was rated ‘Outstanding’ in every category.
The successful candidate will:
• be a qualified teacher with the knowledge and experience of teaching pupils with special educational needs
• have experience of working with pupils with special educational needs
• have experience of leading and managing staff in developing and implementing effective provision for vulnerable pupils
• have good literacy and mathematical skills
• be hard working and adaptable to change
• have a secure understanding and knowledge of observing children’s learning
• have knowledge & understanding of record preparation and keeping in relation to SEND pupils
• evidence of leading on an impact that has improved pupil outcomes
If you share in our commitment to excellence, we want to hear from you. For information about the school, please go to www.burlingtondanes.org. Visits to the academy before application submission are welcomed. Please contact Julia Morson on 0208 735 4972 or email Julia.firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this. Please apply by 4:00pm on Monday 22nd January 2018.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.