We are looking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and successful SENDCo to join our thriving, oversubscribed and outstanding all-through school.
Our aim is “Excellence for All” and the governors wish to appoint a candidate of significant ability and enthusiasm who is aware of and stimulated by the challenges and potential of a successful multi-ethnic co-educational school and keen to share in the leadership of our all-through provision.
Dunraven School Overview
Our results are strong, remaining well above national averages and representing positive ‘value-added’. Recognition of our marked progress has been significant and our journey as a school is important to us.
- in February 2011, we were designated as both a National Support School and a Leading-Edge School;
- in August 2011, we converted to Academy status;
- in 2012, we began our development as an All-Through School with children starting in Reception in September 2013;
- in summer 2013, our £20 million BSF programme was completed;
- in October 2014, we were judged as outstanding in all areas, including both Early Years and our Sixth Form, by Ofsted;
- in 2016, we were designated as a National Teaching School and an Academy Sponsor and the Dunraven Educational Trust was established;
- in 2018, our Multi Academy Trust was formally set up with the integration of Van Gogh Primary, followed by Goldfinch Primary School in January 2019.
Joining us, you will share in the leadership and management of a staff who are hard-working, committed, positive in outlook and dedicated to the achievement of our students.
- a high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation to nationally recognised courses and providers (SSAT, Teaching Leaders, Future Leaders, NPQs);
- clear pathways for career development and progression with a proven track record of success in developing leaders;
- a supportive and collegiate environment, with regular staff social and sporting activities (such as yoga, football and House events);
- excellent opportunities for leading work with external partners (National Support School, National Teaching School);
- a culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
To apply, please go to www.dunraven.org.uk > about us > vacancies
Closing date: Noon on Monday 27th September 2021
Interviews are currently planned for later that week
Dunraven School is committed to the safety and protection of its students. A satisfactory enhanced DBS check is a condition of employment for all employees.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years