Brayton Academy seek an inspiring and ambitious SENDCO to join our Ofsted graded ‘Outstanding’ academy. We are passionate about providing every pupil with the opportunities to achieve their very best and we are looking for a colleague who shares this passion.
As SENDCO, you will:
- Lead inclusion and the SEND provision in the academy, under the direction of the Principal and in accordance with the aims and objectives of the Rodillian Multi Academy Trust
- Raise standards of student engagement, attainment and achievement.
- Effectively evaluate the academy’s SEND provision and strategically plan for its future development in-line with the Trust’s vision.
- Manage the support team within the SEND provision and promote a person-centred, inclusive practice in which the interests and needs of pupils with SEND and/or disabilities are at the heart of all actions.
Brayton Academy is part of The Rodillian Multi Academy Trust which has a reputation for high expectations for all, an innovative curriculum and excellent staff/student relationships. It is regarded as one of the most successful Trusts in the country and is recognised as an organisation that does things differently. Our academies are a place where staff can develop their skills and find their own style and methods of teaching. Colleagues learn and grow alongside our students and feel that they are making a real difference to the lives of those they teach. We believe that traditional values of discipline and respect are sacrosanct. We do not tolerate bullying, defiance or rudeness, and this has made for a harmonious and safe learning environment for our young people and a supportive environment for staff.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our thriving and expanding academy, and as a growing Multi Academy Trust, there are always opportunities for career development for ambitious and committed colleagues.
Prospective candidates are welcome to contact the academy via Jo Braham, PA to Head of School at email@example.com to arrange a discussion about this opportunity.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please complete an application pack which can be downloaded from the Trust website www.rodillianacademytrust.co.uk
Closing date for completed applications; Wednesday 14 April 2021 at 9.00am
Applications must be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
The Brayton Academy is a co-educational secondary school in Selby, North Yorkshire, for students aged 11-16. The school is part of the Rodillian Multi-Academy Trust.
Head of School
Values and vision