SENDCo 0.6 FTE – January 2020 (or sooner if available)
• Closing Date: Wednesday 26th June 2019
• Interview Date(s): Friday 5th July 2019
• Contract/Hours: Part-time & Permanent
• Salary Type: Teaching Staff
• Salary Details: MPS/UPS plus TLR
• Hours of Work: School hours
• Start Date: 1st January 2020 or sooner if available
• Location of Role: School
• Contact e-mail address: email@example.com
We are seeking to appoint a highly-motivated, inspirational and successful practitioner who can work as our SENDCo to bring our vision for high quality education for all Edith Moorhouse children to life.
The successful applicant will be able to:
• Be responsible for leading and developing the SEND provision and will be an exemplary practitioner with a proven record of expertise in special educational need.
• Make a positive and sustained contribution to the school which results in strengthening the school’s provision for all SEND pupils
• Ensure all children make progress and develop as independent learners by providing children with a high degree of challenge combined with personalised support
• Lead the development of colleagues through the provision of high quality professional learning opportunities
• Promote a safe culture of excellence, equality and high expectations of all pupils and staff within a nurturing framework
The ideal candidate will:
• Have previous experience or have an exceptional understanding of teaching in the primary phase
• Have completed the National Award for SEN Co-ordination, or have a willingness to complete it within 3 years of appointment
• Have an excellent understanding of the SEN code of practice
• Have an excellent understanding of pupil progress and a willingness to embrace change
• Be open to new approaches to learning and teaching and be an excellent team player
In return, we can offer:
• Enthusiastic, happy and confident children who are proud of their school and love learning
• Friendly and supportive staff and governors
• A strong teaching and learning team who work hard to meet the needs of all of our pupils
• A forward thinking school where innovation is encouraged
• Outstanding CPD opportunities through our collaboration with other RLT schools and the trust as a whole.
We are a popular primary school in the Oxfordshire town of Carterton, close to RAF Brize Norton. Visitors to our school often comment on the calm and friendly atmosphere, and our children are happy and enjoy their learning. As a school we have worked really hard over the past few years to build a strong and committed team with the capacity to improve the outcomes for our pupils. In 2017, we became an academy as part of The River Learning Trust. We feel very strongly that our school team, along with the wider family of the River Learning Trust, is what makes our school successful.
As part of the River Learning Trust; our collective vision is to be a Trust where pupils and staff thrive in schools which demonstrate:
● all-round education, academic success, lifelong learning for all and strength of character
● sustainable continuous improvement; no school standing still
● all schools being good and outstanding, or improving rapidly
● collaboration that is raising standards, and reducing workload
● where pupils, staff, parents and communities respect and value all we do to support the best possible outcomes and experiences for our children and young people
Our Teaching and Learning Policy (created and developed by staff) has a focus of whole class ‘Teaching to the Top’, with an emphasis on high expectations, knowing our children well, excellent teacher subject knowledge and targeted, effective questioning. The school’s Core Values of ‘well-being’, ‘aspiration’ and ‘resilience’ underpin this policy and form the basis of our school ethos.
The River Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. The River Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from a range of backgrounds to represent diversity in line with our schools' community.
We warmly welcome visitors, so please do contact the school office to arrange a visit.
Applications can be made via the following link: www.riverlearningtrust.org/recruitment
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 26th June, but we will interview immediately for a strong applicant.
The job description and job advertisement can also be found under the ‘Vacancies’ tab on the school website:www.edith-moorhouse.oxon.sch.uk
For further queries, please contact Lucy Palmer on 01993 842372 firstname.lastname@example.org
No applications sent directly to the school will be accepted. We look forward to receiving your application.