Start date: January 2020 (Part time role)
Salary: £31,242-£39,185 PRO RATA depending on experience, Ark MPS (Inner London).
Location: Acton, London
Nearest Tube station: Acton Town
Nearest Overground station: Acton Central
Deadline: noon on Friday 6th December 2019
Interview date: Monday 9th December 2019 onwards.
Ofsted: Outstanding – all areas
Ark Priory Primary Academy is a two -form entry primary school that opened in September 2013. It was awarded outstanding status in 2015. It is heavily oversubscribed and enjoys a strong reputation in the community. As a growing school, next year we will have our first cohort of Year 6 pupils.
Ark Priory has consistently exceeded national results in KS1 and EYFS assessments. Our phonics programme is a particular strength, with 100% pass rates in the year 1 phonics screening for three years running. This is not, however, at the expense of a broad and rich curriculum. For example, the academy is a STEM partner school for the Enthuse award and is currently working towards the Artsmark for excellence in music, art and drama. We foster strong relationships with all our pupils and their families and provide opportunities not only to consolidate outstanding academic foundations but also to flourish as informed and well-rounded individuals.
Our ideal candidate will:
• be a positive role model for the pupils in their care,
• believe in the potential of every child and be committed to seeing that every child reaches that potential,
• be able to inspire learning beyond the classroom, ensuring that learning doesn’t stop once the school day ends,
• possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of the children,
• be happy to contribute to the success of this exciting new learning community.
Applications must be made by noon on Friday 6th December 2019. We will review applications as we receive them and may contact applicants before the closing date. Interviews will take place on Monday 9th December 2019 onwards.
If you have any queries regarding your application, please contact Ms Campbell on 020 3110 0717
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Job Description: SENDCo (Part time)
Reporting to: Assistant Head for Inclusion
Start date: January 2020
• To lead and develop effective practice to ensure that the wellbeing of every child is at the centre of everything we do at Ark Priory
• To ensure that all children with special educational needs and/or disabilities grow academically, socially and emotionally
• To lead, manage and inspire Ark Priory’ pupils and staff to produce outstanding teaching and academic outcomes for children with special educational
• To take a leading role in the development, implementation and constant refinement of the school’s processes and outcomes
LEAD SEND PROVISION
• Provide strategic direction for SEND provision and ensure that the school’s statutory obligations in relation to SEND are met.
• Oversee the day to day operation of the school’s SEND policy and the Code of Practice.
• Co-ordinate provision for students with SEND, including co-ordinating the identification and assessment of need for all new pupils and for referrals from teaching staff or parents.
• Monitor and evaluate the impact of teaching and learning on the progress made by children with SEND in order to support the development of high achieving classrooms which support and foster the achievement of pupils with additional learning needs.
• Analyse data and conduct observations and interviews to provide timely and targeted intervention for those who need it. Monitor the quality of such interventions to ensure that they are having the desired impact and represent a good use of school resources.
• Collect and interpret specialist assessment data gathered on pupils and use to inform practice.
• Identify and adopt strategies for ensuring children with a profile of SEND achieve at chronological age level or, if well below level, make significant and continuing progress towards achieving at that level.
• Oversee and be responsible for the maintenance of accurate records on all students with Special Educational Needs and/or Disability and ensure that these are shared appropriately and effectively with all relevant school staff.
• Oversee and monitor the quality of pupil profiles and plans to ensure high quality provision for pupils with a profile of SEND.
• Co-ordinate transition arrangements for all pupils with profiles of SEND and liaise with other schools to ensure continuity of support and learning when transferring pupils with profiles of SEND to Ark Priory.
• Liaise with the parents of students with Special Educational Needs and/or Disability.
• Liaise with external agencies, including local authority support services, and provide detailed information on pupil progress.
• Prepare reports relating to the work of the SEND Team to be made to the Head of School, Governing Body, and other stakeholders.
DEVELOP THE SCHOOL’S ETHOS AND VISION
• Communicate effectively to ensure that all parts of the Ark Priory community are kept informed.
• Develop strong relationships and collaborative ways of working with all stakeholders.
• Create a culture where all members of the Ark Priory community respect and support others and their physical surroundings.
• Epitomise Ark Priory’ vision and values of Explore, Endeavour and Excel, and at all times adhere to the staff code of expectations.
• Develop strong, positive relationships with pupils, staff and parents; modelling high standards and expectations whilst attracting the respect of all stakeholders.
• Demonstrate consistently high expectations of all pupils and a commitment to raising their achievement and social and emotional wellbeing. Promote the positive values, attitudes and behaviour expected from all pupils by treating them with respect and consideration.
• Take responsibility for your own professional development and demonstrate a commitment to continuous professional development by reviewing your own practice, being open to feedback, and seeking opportunities to build your capabilities.
• Right to work in the UK
• Commitment to equality of opportunity and the safeguarding and welfare of all students
• Willingness to undertake training
• This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our academies. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process. This process is outlined here, but can be provided in more detail if requested. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.