We are seeking an ambitious and inspirational teaching professional (SENDCo/SENCo). We wish to appoint an exceptional individual who has the necessary skills and attributes to have a real impact upon our SEND provision at The Petersfield School. Potential is as important as experience, so applications are invited from teachers interested in training in the role as well as colleagues who are already qualified and experienced.
The Petersfield School (TPS) is a heavily over-subscribed, mixed, academy in the desirable market town of Petersfield. It is a rewarding place to work, with delightful students and staff and an ethos of exceptional student outcomes and an unrivalled student experience. Ofsted recently judged TPS to be Outstanding in every category.
TPS is part of the highly successful Bohunt Education Trust (Multi Academy Trust). More information can be found at www.bohunttrust.co.uk.
Our Student Support department has 13 TAs and we are looking at expanding our provisions in line with the Trust from September 2019. We work with a broad range of students with Education Health Care Plans and Looked After Children and your role would be to liaise directly with all professionals involved.
Are you able to:
• Inspire and innovate?
• Nurture and develop (yourself as well as others)?
• Commit to, and raise further, high achievement and motivation?
• Optimise learning for those with additional needs?
• Lead on quality first teaching strategies across the school
• Provide a supportive learning environment
• Offer you the opportunity to make a difference
• Actively promote your career development – you may already be targeting a middle leader position and we will support you accordingly
You will need to demonstrate a commitment to and evidence of: success in sustaining academic excellence, helping every child succeed, being an excellent classroom practitioner as well as being able to: work as part of a team, roll up your sleeves and inspire other teachers to excel.
Visits to the school are welcome and for further details please contact John Lodge, Assistant Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 29 April 2019
Interview date: w/c 29 April 2019
Start date: September 2019