The Westgate School is committed to the wellbeing, development and growth of staff and students so that all members of the school community can flourish together. We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and innovative leader for our SENDCo role in this outstanding school. Whether you are at the start of your SENDCo career or have a wealth of experience, we will focus on the attributes you bring and the impact you will have on students. You will be responsible for co-ordinating and supporting staff to ensure that there are appropriate learning opportunities for students with additional needs. We are looking for a professional who has the enthusiasm, drive and ambition to inspire staff and students to develop their full potential; an expert practitioner, committed to raising standards of achievement through targeted interventions.
The successful candidate will lead and advise Curriculum Leaders and their teams in the development of appropriate strategies, as well as taking responsibility for line managing Learning Support Assistants. An important aspect of the role will be to provide training and support to staff regarding teaching and learning approaches for students with additional needs to be used in mainstream curriculum lessons. The successful candidate will also oversee the Physically Impaired Resource Unit, which currently cares for up to 15 students with recognised Physical Disabilities.
• Be reflective and forward thinking with the ability to lead change sensitively to support children with additional needs.
• Be passionate, innovative and a motivated leader with a genuine commitment to making a difference.
• Be committed to driving high standards, with the ability to inspire staff and students to achieve their personal best.
• Have a strong moral compass dealing with every situation calmly and kindly, whilst being willing to challenge individuals, to secure the very best outcomes for all.
We can offer:
• A school at the heart of the local community with supportive governors who always go the extra mile.
• An aspirational, positive working environment, which prioritises staff development and wellbeing.
• The opportunity to make a real difference and equip students for life.
• The opportunity to share and celebrate in the successes of an outstanding, well-resourced school.
• The opportunity to join ‘Team Westgate’ where ‘betterneverstops’ with a clear, shared core purpose.
Please see the attached job description and person specification for further details.
Should you wish to visit the school prior to application, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Sandra Venturini to make an appointment.
Closing date - 9.00am 25 February 2019
Interviews will take place on the 27 February 2019
(no agencies please)