MPS – UPS3 TLR 1.1 (£7,853)
Start date: September 2019
We are looking for a highly motivated, inspiring and well-qualified teaching professional with a passion for working with students with additional needs to take on the SENDCo role. The successful applicant will be required to lead on the SEND provision across the academy including the management of a team of dedicated learning support colleagues.
You will have full responsibility for identifying and tracking the progress and achievement of students with SEND; in addition to raising aspiration for students with additional needs. The post holder will be required to hold (or gain within 12 months of appointment) the National Award for SEND Coordination. We are seeking a colleague who can ensure compliance with the SEND Code of Practice and experience of conducting assessments to ensure exam access arrangements is desirable. Knowledge and experience of coordinating and delivering small group interventions is essential, as is the ability to effectively support vulnerable students with SEMH.
This is an important role within the academy and offers an exciting opportunity for someone to move into an academy-wide leadership role or someone looking for a new challenge to improve the life chances of students in our community.
Do you have?
• High aspirations to deliver at a consistently effective level
• A passion for working with young people
• A desire to ensure all groups of students are suitably motivated and challenged
• The desire to share and learn from best practice to ensure continual self-improvement
• The ability to use and apply technology in lessons to support teaching and learning
• A passion and a desire to make a difference to the lives of young people
In return we can offer:
• Genuinely exciting career development opportunities in a growing academy
• Supportive, experienced and enthusiastic colleagues
• Additional unique CPD opportunities provided by Staffordshire University
• Excellent facilities including classrooms equipped with the latest audio visual technology