Are you passionate about childcare and looking for something varied, interesting and challenging?
Inspired Learning Group (ILG) a growing group of independent preparatory schools and nurseries are looking to recruit an experienced SENDCO at Warlingham Park School and Nursery, based in Warlingham, Surrey.
Warlingham Park School is a warm and welcoming preparatory school for children aged 2-11 where we encourage care, courtesy and consideration towards each other. The school and nursery, is surrounded by breath-taking green and open space that inspires, challenges and motivates, maintaining happy, resilient and articulate individuals who leave us ready to meet the challenges of secondary education.
This is a fixed term opportunity working 2 days per week, to be reviewed in June 2021.
Purpose of the role
SENDCO will be expected to attend all IEP meetings and complete all tasks necessary to the role and to the effective running of the school as directed by the Headteacher. The role analysis is not a complete and final outline of responsibilities. The role will vary according to the changing needs and student population within the school and will be reviewed annually.
Please see the attached job description for further requirements and insight into the role.
• At least one year’s experience working as a SENDCO within a school.
• Qualified Teacher Status
• A commitment to work within a small school environment.
• A commitment to lead and promote SEND within the school.
• An ability to work with successfully parents and communicate effectively. Detailed knowledge of SEND Code of Practice
• Detailed knowledge of different types of educational and physical needs encountered in the
• Primary School environment
• Detailed knowledge of strategies used in meeting these needs
• Detailed knowledge of the referral system for liaising with outside professional and professional bodies, including CAMHS, Early Help, Brent Educational Psychologists and Occupational and Speech Therapists.
The company does not wish to be contacted by agencies