St Thomas More College is a Brisbane Catholic Education co-educational secondary college catering for over 1130 students. Our College opened in 1974 and from inception developed a strong commitment to the pastoral care of students. At the core of all that we do is our mission to provide a holistic education to all students. This mission, inspired by Jesus, is to seek, grow and serve by fostering in all students: a commitment to our Christian faith; a commitment to learning; and a sense of community. Come and share the vision for all our graduates. A vision that is explicit about beliefs, values and capacity for informed choice in an ever changing world. A vision of young people with soul, personal integrity and the skills to achieve success in life.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, and dedicated teacher to join our close-knit school community. The successful applicant will be able to teach Accounting, Economics, Civics & Middle Years Business, with the ability to teach Religious Education an advantage. This position is a maternity leave replacement.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative, and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents, and practices,
• Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
• Work with the leadership team, teachers, and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Strong literacy and numeracy practices plus a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students, and parents/carers,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment.
For more detailed information regarding the requirements of this position, please see the Teacher role description.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2022
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 12 months
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Sharne Davies
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3323 4600
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 14-Sep-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education