This is an exceptional professional opportunity to play a leading role at an exciting time in the development of Stonyhurst College. Academic results are excellent, pupil numbers are growing and there is an ambitious strategic plan including the opening of Stonyhurst International School Penang, Malaysia in 2021. The Senior Deputy Head will be the line manager for three Deputy Heads (Academic, Pastoral and Co-curricular) who in turn manage a range of Heads of Playroom and Heads of Faculty. The role is designed for a candidate who aspires to headship in due course and who thrives on creating opportunities for young people to be ‘as much as I can’ (Quant Je Puis).
The Senior Deputy Head is expected to work in collaboration with the Deputy Heads and the wider college community to proactively contribute in all areas.
As a key member of the Executive team and deputy to the Headmaster,
• To be responsible for the day to day operations of the College
• To ensure the safety of pupils, staff and visitors
• To ensure that the formation of pupils reflects the Ignatian vision of “improvement in living and learning for the greater glory of God and the common good”
• To ensure the implementation of those elements of the Stonyhurst Strategic Development Plan that relate primarily to the College and any other area delegated by the Headmaster
• To lead the development and management of staff within the College
• To be a highly visible presence around the College, ensuring that both pupils and staff have easy access as well as attending events as appropriate
Closing date for applications: Friday 14th June 2019
Interviews to be held on Friday 29th June 2019