Brisbane Christian College63 Fairlie Terrace, Salisbury Brisbane
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: January 2021
Suitable for NQTs: No
Brisbane Christian College, as a ministry of Life Church, is a thriving learning centre, catering for Pre-Prep to Year 12, nurturing over 1100 young learners on three campuses. Our community is committed to becoming the preferred place of learning for the glory and honour of Jesus Christ.
Brisbane Christian College is committed to stay mission-true to its founders as a Christ-centred community that honours Jesus Christ in all that we do. The College has a strong balance between spiritual, academic and co-curricular engagement and a growing focus in missions and community service.
Brisbane Christian College is looking for an exceptional experienced English Educator to lead the Years 9-12 English teaching team who:
- has a proven track record to inspire our children to reach their God-given potential as we move into a new era of innovation, creativity and servant leadership
- has the capacity and resolve to impact all children's learning outcomes in Years 9-12
- has previous Year 12 experience and success in supporting children to gain excellent exit results
- has experience with external moderation and participation in District Review Panels would be highly advantageous
- has the desire to connect with students through involvement in co-curricular activities
- has the experience to build a resilient, caring and Spirit-led English team (currently a team of three), dedicated to seeing every child find success
- uses assessment and feedback strategies which are of the highest standards and have a direct impact on improving the quality of teaching and learning
- will further develop the literacy foundations in conjunction with Middle School to empower our children to step into success through Senior School and into tertiary education
- has experience with faith in learning, to encourage our students to faith through our curriculums
- will possess relevant experience to contribute to the Whole College Literacy Framework Strategic Committee
- will assist the Deputy Principal and the Head of Secondary in building a coaching and mentoring culture.
All applicants are encouraged to contact the Principal Mr Sean Morrison on 0424 143 518, and/or Head of Secondary Nathan Cox on 0401 789 402 to have an informal conversation about the position and our community.
Commencement date: January 2021
Applications are due: by Friday, 13 November 2020. Early submission of applications is strongly encouraged as interviews will occur as soon as a suitable application is received.
TO APPLY: Visit our website and proceed to our 'Positions available' page under 'About Us'.
Applications will consist of a completed 'Application for Employment: Teaching Position' form found on the web page, and a cover letter. Please include copies of all qualifications listed in the application form and a photocopy of your Teacher Registration.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.