Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936
Position: Senior English Teacher
Incentives: Accommodation Assistance, Remote Area Allowance and Reasonable Relocation Assistance
Tenure: Full-Time Permanent
Start Date: Term 1 2020
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
Good Shepherd College (Mount Isa, QLD) is a co-educational Year 7 to 12 college of 500 students. Good Shepherd Catholic College is a community who journey together in faith with “Christ Our Light”. Our students, staff and parents are partners focused on holistic education within a welcoming and caring environment. Fostering faith and spirituality is our primary goal. We believe in the uniqueness and dignity of each individual. We endeavour to encourage each member of our community to be inner-directed, responsible, compassionate and just. Students, staff and parents learn best in situations of loving relationships and mutual respect.n.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff is recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
Good Shepherd Catholic College has exciting opportunities available for Secondary Senior English Teachers to commence in Term 1 of 2020.
Primary Teachers and Graduates considered!
To join in this vibrant school community, you'll need:
- Innovative, proactive approach to student learning
- Experience and a passion for teaching one of the above mentioned subjects
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication with students, parents and staff
- QCT registration or ability obtain
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Competitive Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936
- Reasonable relocation assistance
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
Support for you in a rural community
- Additional pay remuneration for teaching at remote schools
- IPRASS and ITAS Incentives
- Extra Travel Days and extra Emergent Leave
- Reasonable relocation costs
- Housing assistance and rental cost assistance
- Dedicated support teams at each school to assist new teachers
- Scholarship programs for further study
- Flexible working conditions
- Leadership programs
- Opportunities to advance career
- Have a look at our incentives here: Mount Isa
Why work with Townsville Education Office
Please see Position Description for further information about teaching in Catholic Education.
Primary School Teachers interested in Secondary are welcome to apply
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Attach your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
- Attach a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position
- Graduate teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study.
- Employment for graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the national professional standards for teachers
Applications close 4pm Friday 6th December 2019 unless filled prior.
To find out more about the Region visit
About Mount Isa
Living in North Queensland
10 Things to do in Mt isa