Vinschool is seeking dynamic, dedicated and experienced Senior teachers of English as a Second Language to join our international teaching team and help ESL Coordinators manage and train their peers.
Monday to Friday
7.40 to 11.40
1 hour lunch break
12.40 to 16.40
Plan, prepare and deliver emergency cover lessons (e.g. sick leave)
Plan, prepare and deliver pre-arranged cover lessons for colleagues on approved leave
Plan, prepare and teach one to two classes (six to twelve periods) / week. These classes should not be scheduled over the first two periods of the day so the ST can perform emergency covers.
Senior Teachers are required to perform developmental work (e.g. planning lessons, creating teaching materials, creating tests etc.) assigned by ESL coordinators
Support ESL Coordinators with the implementation of programs
Forward any material pertaining to implementation of the programs
Remind teachers to read the materials
Remind teachers of deadlines
Clarify any questions teachers may have about the programs
Support ESL Coordinators with the management of teachers
Kindly remind teachers to follow regulations and to meet deadlines
Report any incidents or mistakes to ESL Coordinators
Escalate any serious issues to ESL Coordinators
Support ESL Coordinators with the delivery of training workshops (designed by ESL Coordinators)
Invite peers to observe them for developmental purposes
Share and encourage the sharing of activity ideas
Share and encourage the sharing of resources
Share and encourage the sharing of lesson plans
Share classroom management tips
Give guidance on lesson planning
- Non-Teaching Duties (attending meetings, training sessions, CPD etc.): one Saturday morning per month in average.
- Degree qualification.
- Minimum qualifications: CELTA, TESOL from Trinity and/or PGCE.
- Preferred qualifications: Ideally with a YL extension (CELT-YL, IH CYLT and/or a TYLEC)
- Teaching experience with YLs: 2+ year in schools and/or 3+ years in language centers
- Teaching experience with Teens: 2+ year in schools and/or 3+ years in language centers
- Management experience (preferred): 6 months+ experience in a leadership position
- Lesson Planning and Teaching Delivery: at least VSC-accomplished level 3
DBS/Police Background Certificate (or equivalent) – additional background screening may be required in accordance with child protection and safeguarding expectations.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Requirements:
• Native level English speaker
• Strong presentation, communication, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Competency in class management, time management, interpersonal relations and team work.
• Adaptable, patient, flexible, devoted and positive outlook.
Salary based on qualifications and experience, starting from $2100 NET.
ST end-of-contract (not performance-related) completion bonus: equivalent to a month salary net.
Airfare support for oversea teachers
1st week at hotel
International health insurance