An exciting opportunity in the school for an enthusiastic and hardworking Senior Finance Officer to support the School Business Manager by providing an outstanding level of performance in the day to day financial administration of the school.
The successful candidate should have a proven track record in financial, business and administrative management experience and hold an appropriate financial qualification.
In addition, applicants would need to demonstrate a working knowledge of the principles and methods of financial control and reporting and the financial software and systems to achieve this.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate excellent organisational and communication skills and be able to work efficiently on their own and effectively as part of team.
Main Activities include:
- Maintain manual and computerised financial records for all matters relating to school expenditure;
- Be responsible for financial administration such as placing orders, invoicing, preparing cheques, issuing receipts;
- Deal with budget queries, advising on solutions where appropriate;
- Be point of contact with external suppliers to resolve queries/problems;
- Adopt a solution focussed approach in all areas of financial administration ;
- Be responsible for the security of unused cheques and other controlled stationery relating to financial administration;
- Helping to ensure the school is following Best Value procedures;
- Ensure preparation of orders, check full receipt, ensure payment of goods and services in carried out in a timely and professional manner;
- To ensure all income is banked regularly to agreed timescales;
- Continually evaluate all finance systems to ensure they are effective and efficient;
- Attend any necessary financial meetings along with the School Business Manager;
- Line management of Finance Officer and apprentice/junior.
Applicants will be shortlisted according to the ability to provide relevant experience in the main areas above and those outlined in the Job Description.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. For further information and to arrange visits please contact the School Office on firstname.lastname@example.org
No agency applications, please.
Closing Date: Monday 26 June 2017 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: Week commencing 26 June 2017
Interviews: 3-4 July 2017
The successful candidate will have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people as stipulated by the Chid Protection Policy. Safer Recruitment procedures are in place and any appointment will be subject to statutory checks including a CRB.