An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a successful and growing Multi Academy Trust. Trustees are looking to appoint a Senior Head of School with experience of successful strategic headship/leadership in the primary sector. Discovery MAT consists of three primary academies across the Plymouth area: Oakwood Primary Academy, Beechwood Primary Academy and Weston Mill Community Primary Academy.
We aim to be one of the South West’s most vibrant collaborative educational establishments. Our staff work to provide a rich, challenging, imaginative and inclusive environment for learning, where all children are able to excel through quality learning experiences, irrespective of their starting points. Earlier this year we celebrated being named the first Trust in the UK to win a ‘Mentally Healthy Organisation Award’ for its commitment to pupil and staff mental health and wellbeing. The award was presented by The Centre for Child Mental Health and Trauma Informed Schools UK.
We are a truly values led Trust, thriving on positive relationships. We ensure that we remain committed to the Discovery values: Inclusive, Excelling, Democratic and Collaborative. This newly created role is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional and inspirational primary school improvement professional who has aspiration, integrity and ability to help support the ongoing improvements across the Trust’s schools.
The successful candidate will:
· have proven leadership skills
· be creative, innovative and experienced in driving teaching and learning
· demonstrate a high level of teamwork and perseverance
· demonstrate and model high expectations for staff and children
· have a passion and a proven track record of increasing progress
· lead, motivate and inspire colleagues to continually achieve excellence and raise standards
We can offer you:
· lively and motivated children
· dedicated, skilled colleagues and support from a MAT-wide experienced leadership team
· support to help you innovate and continue your professional development
Applicant letter, full job description, person specification and application form can be downloaded from our website at www.discoverymat.co.uk
Please return your completed application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 10am on Monday 25th January 2021
School visit dates: Thursday 14th January 2021, Tuesday 19th January 2021 and Wednesday 20th January 2021 at 2pm
Interview date: Thursday 4th February 2020 and Friday 5th February 2021
Discovery MAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils and expects all those working in the Trust to share this commitment. Clearance from Disclosure and Barring Service is required prior to appointment.
Discovery Multi Academy Trust
- English primary schools