Bright Scholar Education Group is looking to recruit a Senior High English Teacher for Guangdong Country Garden School in Foshan City, Guangdong Province, China. For other open positions within the group, please get in contact with the International Talents Department directly.
About the Role
Role: Senior High English Teacher
Organisation: Bright Scholar Education Group
School: Guangdong Country Garden School
Location: Foshan, Guangdong, China
Contract Type: Full-time
Commencement Date: August 20th, 2018
Compensation and benefit package:
- Competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Flight allowance
- Meal allowance
- Computer allowance
- Health and accident insurance
- Visa sponsorship for entire family
- Tuition discounts for dependent children
About Guangdong Country Garden School
Guangdong Country Garden School (GCGS), is a private co-ed boarding school in Shunde District, just south of Guangzhou and at the heart of the Pearl River Delta in Guangdong Province. The school is fortunate to be situated in a safe, attractive and clean air environment with accessibility to international airports and the cities of Guangzhou (formerly known as Canton), Macau and Hong Kong. GCGS has an area of 33 hectares with around 4000 students on campus, aged 3 to 18. There are approximately 600 teachers including over 500 Chinese teachers and around 100 international teachers. Facilities include libraries, hi-tech laboratories with 3D printers, an observatory, two running tracks and swimming pools, all situated in a beautiful green environment. GCGS was founded in 1994 and was the first school to be founded within the Bright Scholar Education Group. It offers a wide range of well-established curricula including the IB's PYP, MYP and DP, CIE's IGCSE and A Level, Advanced Placement, and Sino-Canadian, Sino-Australian and International Foundation Diploma Programmes. GCGS hold high academic expectations for its students and many graduates are admitted to leading universities around the world.
Please visit http://bgy.gd.cn/ for further information about the school.
About Bright Scholar Education Group
Bright Scholar Education Group is a NYSE-listed (ticker: BEDU) education group based out of Foshan, China. Bright Scholar operates in 8 Chinese provinces and the 2 municipalities of Beijing and Shanghai and covers a diverse portfolio of business areas including K-12 international and bilingual education, training education and education technology. Currently, Bright Scholar employs over 6,000 domestic and international staff and caters to more than 30,000 students. Bright Scholar international schools offer numerous international curricula including IB (PYP, MYP and DP), Cambridge IGCSE and A-levels, AP Program, and IFY programmes.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (Education preferred)
- TEFL/TESOL 100+ hours certification minimum (CELTA/DELTA/PGCE/PGDE preferred)
- A good grasp of the methodology of teaching High School English curriculum is required with IGCSE, A-level, AP and/-or IB English teaching experience preferred
- Have an understanding and ability to teach pupils of all abilities
- Previous experience in an international school preferred
- Must be able to obtain a cleared background check
- English teaching positions require citizens of UK, USA, Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand or South Africa for visa purposes
- Provide day-to-day instructional excellence to each student following high school English curriculum.
- Ensure the classroom is well-organized for purposeful activity throughout the day.
- Implement and model high standards of work practice and review, critically reflecting, and evaluating own practice.
- Show great individual care and support for the students, promoting learning styles that cater to individual differences to provide engagement in rigorous, relevant, and significant learning.
- Establish clear instructional objectives, utilizing core teaching resources and supplementary materials.
- Assess and analyse student progress to inform instruction and provide constructive feedback to promote students’ progress towards standards.
- Respect, appreciate and understand differences in learning and school culture.
- Participate in a culture of professional learning.
- Work cooperatively with fellow-staff members and administrators as it pertains to specific grade levels and programs.
- Be accountable and a positive advocate for all management decisions.
- Attend assigned or recommended staff meetings and professional development activities.
- Contribute to afterschool activities on a regular basis.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Principal or Head of Department.
The performance responsibilities are designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee to only the work identified. It is the expectation of the school that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the organisation.
Interested candidates are invited to email a CV, a recent passport-size photograph and cover letter to Bright Scholar’s International Talents Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted applicants will be provided an interview link by email from a member of staff. First round interviews will be conducted via Skype or WeChat.
Please note: We thank all applicants for their expressions of interest in our position; however, only those applicants that are shortlisted will be contacted.