School: Merchiston College (Songshan Lake)
Location: Songshan Lake Digital Technology Park, Dongguan, Guangdong
Department: International Senior High Section
Reports to: Head of Department
Suitable for: Highly responsible people who are passionate, self-motivated and reflective professionals with excellent communication skills and relevant experience.
Key Job Specifications:
- Salary (ex. benefits) – 23,000-40,000RMB/month (pre-tax)
- Teaching Hours – No less than 20 hours’ lessons/week
- Grades/Curriculum – Grades 8-13 / IGCSE, A-Level
- Accommodation – Furnished apartment provided
- Meal – Free lunch
- Flight Reimbursement – Round trip ticket
- Professional Development Allowance – Up to 5,000RMB/year (pre-tax)
- Re-signing Bonus – 3 months salary as a reward if teachers complete a 3-year contract
- Visa – Work Permit, Residence Permit, the notary/authentication fees can be reimbursed with qualified receipt/invoice
- Insurance – Social insurance and commercial insurance
- Paid Leave – National holidays/Christmas holidays/Winter & Summer holidays
- Sick Leave – 5 days paid sick leave per year
- Additional Bonuses – Free tuition fee for the first child, 50% discount for the second child
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 24-58 years of age
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (Education preferred)
- Experience working with senior high school students, with IGCSE, A-Level curriculum familiarity preferred
- Have an understanding and ability to teach pupils of all abilities
- Previous experience in an international school preferred
- Must be able to obtain a cleared background check
- TEFL/TESOL 120+ hours certification minimum (for Visa issues)(CELTA/DELTA/PGCE/QTS preferred)
- Provide day-to-day instructional excellence to each student following the high school General English curriculum.
- Ensure the classroom is well-organized for purposeful activity throughout the day.
- Implement and model high standards of work practice and review, critically reflecting, and evaluating one’s own practice.
- Show great individual care and support for the students, promoting learning styles that cater to individual differences.
- Establish clear instructional objectives, utilizing core teaching resources and supplementary materials.
- Assess and analyse student progress to inform instruction and provide constructive feedback to promote Students’ progress.
- Respect, appreciate and understand differences in learning and school culture.
- Participate in a culture of professional learning.
- Work cooperatively with fellow staff members and administrators. Be accountable and a positive advocate for all management decisions.
- Contribute to afterschool activities on a regular basis.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Principal or Head of Department.
Merchiston Academy (Songshan Lake)
Songshan Lake Area, Dongguan, Guangdong
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 14 - 18 years
About Merchiston Academy (Songshan Lake):
Merchiston Academy (Songshan Lake) (under construction) is located in the Songshan Lake area of Dongguan City. It was invested and constructed by Lighthouse International Education & Culture Co., Ltd. Adh...