We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Home School Support Worker to support pupils and their families at Delce Academy. You will need to be patient and calm, with a consistent and positive approach, and will need to be able to communicate well and work alongside local agencies, such as health workers and social care workers. You will need to be a flexible team player with an optimistic outlook.
We require someone who has experience of managing safeguarding issues and who can contribute to case conferences and implementation of child protection plans. Child protection training at Level 3 (minimum) is required.
We are looking for:
• Proven experience of managing safeguarding issues;
• Proven experience of undertaking analysis / incident reviews;
• Good IT and administrative skills;
• Knowledge and experience of developing and implementing training;
• Successful experience of building constructive relationships with pupils, parents/carers, school staff and outside agencies;
• A clear thinker, optimistic and resilient;
• Proven experience in delivering challenging targets and meeting deadlines under pressure;
• An enthusiastic team player, who is an effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills;
• A commitment to whole school development and success;
We will offer:
• Children who are self-motivated, eager to try new experiences and proud of their Academy; • An enthusiastic, caring staff team who have high expectations of themselves and the children;
• A supportive SENCO and Heads of School with a strong commitment to the Academy; • A comprehensive induction programme and opportunities for excellent, high quality professional development;
• The opportunity to make a difference in a caring Academy.
This Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For further information, please contact Louise Buchanan, Trust HR Manager, on 01634 816040.