Senior House Parent
Grade 8 - £18,050 - £21,113 per annum
(Sleep-in duty paid at - £34 per night & weekend paid at 1.5)
37 hours per week / 38.2 weeks per year
Shaftesbury School is looking to appoint a Senior House Parent to work with the students at our vibrant and exciting international boarding house. The role is very diverse and the ideal candidate will demonstrate a warm personality, tolerant nature and an interest in the wellbeing and development of young people. Reporting to the Vice Principal/Head of Boarding, the main responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting with a system of support, monitoring, evaluation and progression of all pastoral matters concerning the boarders
• Taking joint responsibility for the safety, security, behaviour and welfare of the boarders when on duty
• Supporting the Vice Principal/Head of Boarding with activities and event planning
• Mentoring students, recording conversations, contacting parents and supervising visitors
• Any other duties to ensure the safe and secure running of the boarding house
You will be required to work a variety of hours including nights and weekends which is essential to provide the opportunity to build solid relationships with the boarders, their parents and the boarding staff.
Boarding school experience is desired but not essential and we welcome applications from anyone with relevant experience in looking after young people and with a commitment to their welfare. There is no accommodation available with this role
Closing Date: Midnight, Friday June 15th.
Interview Date: TBC
Start Date: Negotiable
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check in line with the Government’s safer recruitment guidelines.
Further details available from
Tel: 01747 859243
CEO of Southern Academy Trust: M. E. Blackman