Support Services for Education
Somerset Outdoor Residential and Learning Service (SORLS)
Kilve Court, Bridgwater
1608 hours per annum – Your contract will be equivalent to full time hours of 37 hours per week but on an annualised hours basis. This can include evenings and weekends and will be spread over your contract. These hours include your holiday and bank holiday entitlement
Salary: £17,772 - £20,138 pro rata – and over night enhancements
Fixed Term Contract – February 2018 until November 2018.
At Kilve Court we enable young people to discover what they can do – rather than focusing on what they can’t. Every child is encouraged to imagine, discover and achieve, with 100% support from our fantastic instructors. We are driven by a passion for residential outdoor learning where lessons can be learnt and memories will be cherished.
About the Job
As our Senior Instructor you will be responsible for leading the Instructing team, managing risk and following Centre procedures as appropriate. You will have the ability to mentor and develop Instructors to support their own personal and technical development.
The role will involve working evenings, overnights and weekends on a duty rota basis.
We offer a comprehensive CPD support package and funding is available for training courses.
We are looking for an experienced instructor with the following experience:
· Significant experience instructing in a variety of Outdoor settings and evidence of training delivery.
· Ability to lead all onsite activities.
· 3 or more of the following: ML/HML, SPA, Vertex Trainer, UKCC L2.
Mountain Biking and Dinghy Sailing qualifications are also highly desirable. D1+E, Paddlesport, Mountain Biking and Dinghy Sailing qualifications are also highly desirable.
For more information or an informal discussion about this post please contact Kirsty Darlington or Karl Watson on 01278741270.
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. We offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees including:
· A Local Government Pension Scheme.
· Discounted lease car via salary sacrifice scheme and options for discounts on petrol or diesel.
· My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and so forth.
· A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, childcare vouchers, additional annual leave, computers, mobile phones and health screening.
· Generous annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
· Staff discounts in gyms.
· Employee Assistance and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle.
· Optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
Somerset County Council must ensure that each person who works for the public authority in a customer-facing role can speak fluent English. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.
To see the full job details and to download and submit an application form, please visit http://dasjobs.co.uk/job/senior-instructor/ and click Apply Now.
CV’s are not accepted for this role.
Please quote job reference no: 10592/AB
Closing date: 07/12/2017
Interview date: Week commencing 18/12/2017