Responsible to: Chief Network Officer
Salary Grade: Band 3 (whole range)
Full time/Part time: Full time (37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year)
Location: You will be required to work across all schools within the Sigma Trust
The post holder will help to provide a safe and effective learning resource for our children, provide a reliable teaching resource for our staff and a secure and effective information system for all users, providing a friendly and responsive service to requests for assistance from all users.
The ICT team provides a professional, customer focused service to all of its users. This role is for a pivotal member of the ICT Team providing ICT services.
- Undertake activities allocated via the Incident Management System within the allocated SLA or escalated to senior staff where appropriate, updating status in the system (includes Incidents & Requests)
- To assist with the installation and maintenance of computer hardware, stand-alone machines and network
- Undertake software maintenance including allocation of approved software requests
• Excellent interpersonal skills and be approachable and patient when working alongside school staff and pupils
• Man help desks and work with end users to aid resolution of user incidents and requests
• Representation of the support team within the end user community, undertaking onsite support services for primary schools
• Representation of the support team at school meetings, when required
• Prioritise workloads based on end user SLAs
• Take responsibility for jobs and ensure they are completed.
At this level we expect the following attributes:
Management and Leadership
• Ability to self-organise, manage personal time and work standards as well as managing & guiding lower level resources
• Understanding of impact of IT Services & personal work to educational outcomes, financial overheads, policies and processes.
• Follow IT processes and procedures, completing accompanying information in Trust systems and documentation
• Understanding of overall IT solutions deployed throughout the Trust and technology interdependencies
• Depth of understanding and technical competency with specific technologies with an ability to cascade knowledge within the team– these will be identified and developed as part of career progression
• Diagnose and fix 2/3rd line support incidents
Closing date: 4th September 2019
To apply for this post, please complete the attached application form and submit via TES.
For more details about the role, please see the attached Job Description or Person Specification.
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. For more information regarding The Sigma Trust, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk.