Job Title: Senior IT Technician
Salary: Grade 6 (£20,541 -£23,866 per annum)
Permanent 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Closing Date: Wednesday 21st November
Interview Date: TBC
Start Date: 7th January 2019
If you’re an experienced and forward thinking IT Support Technician looking for a varied and exciting role, then this could be the post for you!
Pendle Education Trust; an Academy Trust in Lancashire with a focus on providing exceptional education at a local level, are looking for a Senior IT Support Technician to join their dedicated team. Sponsored by “Outstanding” (Ofsted) Nelson and Colne College, the Trust is going through an exciting period of growth and change, and are looking for individuals who share our high aspirations, and passion for success and achievement.
Primarily working across the Trust’s primary schools, the successful candidate will provide exceptional IT Support to colleagues, resolving problems associated with operating systems, software, hardware, printers and AV equipment. With extensive experience, they will be comfortable documenting and implementing backup and restore policies; and will keep abreast of new technologies.
With responsibility for line managing the Trust’s two IT Technicians, the successful candidate will be a dynamic and enthusiastic professional, able to demonstrate exemplary skills in customer service, advice and guidance.
Main duties include:
· Troubleshooting hardware, software and network issues as necessary.
· Ensuring Anti-Virus software solutions are up to date and functioning correctly.
· Creating and maintaining various user accounts.
· Supporting the use of MIS systems including SIMS and PARS.
· Ensuring that the Trust is compliant with relevant IT regulation.
The ideal candidate will have:
· 4 GCSEs or equivalent, including Maths and English at grade C or above.
· A level 3 qualification in a relevant subject.
· Previous experience within an IT role, ideally in a third line support role.
· Microsoft Server 2008/2012 knowledge.
· Experience of using VSphere/VCenter
· Experience of using Office 365 and Anti-Virus software (ideally Sophos)
· Experience of using MDM systems in the deployment and configuration of mobile devices
With extensive professional development opportunities, including Trust sponsorship for achieving recognised qualifications, the Trust are able to offer an exceptional benefits package.
How to apply:
In order to apply, or for more information, please visit our website www.pendleeducationtrust.co.uk where you will be able to download the full job descriptions and an application form.