36 hours per week (8:30 am to 4:30pm – Mon to Fri)
Term time only (39 weeks)
To start at mutually convenient date
The Alton School is looking for an inspirational and outstanding teaching assistant to join our team. The role could be based in anyone of our year groups, from nursery to year 6.
Our children say “A good teacher is kind and enthusiastic, pushing us to be the best we can be.”
Our vision is to give every child in our community an exceptional education - our school is an exciting one to work in and we have a team of committed staff and governors who work exceptionally hard to give the children in our community the very best. Staffs are exceptionally well supported and developed as outstanding practitioners and leaders. We have a strong inclusive and supportive ethos, a well-resourced curriculum and fabulous children. We serve a diverse multi-cultural community and celebrate the richness that this brings to school life. If you want to be part of something truly special, please contact Helen Gibbs on 020 8876 8482 to arrange a visit, or to have an informal chat with the Headteacher, Ruth Hudson.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Excellent classroom practice that demonstrates creativity and caring with the ability to make learning fun
- High expectations and a commitment to providing the best possible education for all pupils
- The ability to be flexible, dynamic, enjoy a challenge, be good at thinking on your feet and well organised
- Be driven and ambitious for the learners, the school and on a personal level
- Have the unswerving desire to support the values and aims of The Alton School and the needs of its pupils and staff
- The ability to work as part of a team and to inspire, support and lead others
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
- The opportunity to work with the most wonderful students anywhere in the country
- A warm, mutually supportive and caring ethos with enthusiastic and skilled staff who are highly aspirational and committed to pupil welfare, progress and life-chances
- A highly experienced and effective leadership team who can support excellent opportunities for CPD including the opportunity to influence and lead education developments both locally and nationally through cross school partnership
- A clear vision for the future
- A positive and enthusiastic, well-resourced and attractive working environment with extensive grounds
- A commitment to working with and within our local community
- A creative and innovative environment which encourages a 'risk taking' and positive mind set culture
- A happy school - where children smile, they are eager to learn and where standards are high
- Support and guidance from your line manager
- Specialist teachers for key areas of the curriculum
- High quality administrative and IT support
- Spontaneous “Go home early” Fridays
For further information and to apply please download an application and details from the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
Alternatively if you require an application pack please contact Mark Uttley on 0208 876 8482.
Completed applications should be returned to the school by email to email@example.com
Closing date: 8 December 2016 (4pm)
Short-listing: 9 December 2016
Interview date: 14 December 2016
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs
The Alton Primary School
London SW15 4PD
Tel: 0208 876 8482