Main purpose of the job
The Administration Office provides a wide range of administrative and office services to the School and The Gordon Foundation. These include visitor reception, post and whole school mailings, meeting room management and minibus bookings, photocopying, copy typing and assisting other offices, in particular Admissions, as required. There is a separate school office and other school focused administrators (e.g. Sixth Form and Music) as well as the Head Teacher’s and Bursar’s secretariat. The Senior Office Administrator will be line-managed by the Assistant Bursar and will be responsible for the effective and efficient day to day operation of administrative services from the Admin office and Reception.
• Ensure that Reception is adequately staffed during opening hours (8am – 5pm), including planning for breaks and holidays.
• Ensure that Reception staff are briefed and trained appropriately.
• Ensure that the post is administered efficiently.
• Provide administrative support to Academic Heads of Department (eg preparing and mailing letters to parents)
• Assist with Reception duties as required
• Provide first line support for the telephone system eg liaise with telephone provider’s helpdesk.
• Manage the ordering, storage and distribution of stationery for the school and Foundation.
• Ensure booking system for meeting rooms and minibuses is managed efficiently.
• Manage the return of text books The above list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be altered from time to time. Person Specification Relevant Experience/Knowledge
• Good knowledge and demonstrable experience of Microsoft products especially Excel and Word.
• Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload Personal Skills
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• A respect for the confidentiality of the work
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to work under pressure and ensure deadlines are met
Gordon’s School is a State Boarding and Day School and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment – applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate screening including an enhanced DBS check.