We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Print Room Technician to join our Marketing and Reprographics department. As a Senior Reprographics Technician, you would be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Reprographics department and managing the Reprographics Team.
This role will encompass being the “go to” person for all things relating to Reprographics including hardware, software and systems. We have ambitions to develop our service for the benefit of staff and students, which has been made possible with investment in “Digital Store Front”, which will handle job ticketing, costings and much more.
As a Senior Print Room Technician, you should:
- Hold GCSE A* - C in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent
- Have experience in providing essential day to day maintenance support as well as troubleshooting for a range of printing equipment and working with RIP software
- Have experience of maintaining high standards in a fast-paced environment
- Have previous experience supervising a busy print room producing high quality wide and small format digital print and all types of finishing including binding
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent technological skills
- Full working knowledge of all Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Knowledge of wideranging file types i.e. TIFF, JPEG, PDF etc. and digital printing hardware technology and giving IT advice in a Reprographics environment
- The ability to work effectively as a member of a team, but also work under own initiative when required
- Child Care Vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11am, Monday 20 November 2017
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people. Adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.