Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900098105
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $137,486.00. This position attracts a base salary of $124,038.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name The Meadows Public School
Principal Network Bungarribee
Staffing Area Parramatta
FTE 1.000Contact Name Vashti Casey
Contact Phone number (02) 9484 4242
Closing Date 24-Feb-2021
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
The Senior Psychologist Education coordinates and professionally supervises a team of school counsellors and school psychologists to deliver high quality psychological services to schools. They work closely with schools, other members of educational services teams and agencies to improve student learning and wellbeing outcomes.
The Senior Psychologist Education provides professional leadership in the delivery of psychological services to school communities.
The Meadows Public School, situated in the suburb of Seven Hills, was established in 1890. The school is set on attractive grounds and is part of the Bungarribee network of schools in Western Sydney. The school has a total current enrolment of 288 students, including 10% who are Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and a further 59% of students from backgrounds where English is an Additional Language or Dialect (EALD).
The school has a strong literacy and numeracy focus and all staff have embraced the Phase 2 Early Action for Success initiative. The school is staffed by a mix of experienced and early-career teachers who are committed to professional learning with current priorities in the areas of literacy, numeracy, technology and student wellbeing.
The Meadows Public School implements Positive Behaviour for Learning and offers a range of enriching co-curricular activities that are supported by an active P&C. An active member of the Blacktown Learning Community, the school is committed to creating a welcoming, caring and inclusive school community with a school vision focused on high expectations and developing the whole child.
Specific Selection Criteria
In addition to the general selection criteria,
- Successful experience as a school counsellor and registration as a psychologist.
- High level knowledge and skills in the provision of psychological assessment, counselling and evidence based interventions within a school context.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead, support and professionally develop school counsellors/school psychologists, including those working towards registration as a psychologist.
- Demonstrated capacity to establish interagency partnerships to assist schools to meet the wellbeing needs of students, in particular those students needing psychological intervention and support.
- Demonstrated ability to implement school counselling strategies to support Department of Education initiatives.
General Selection Criteria
- Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
- Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
- Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
- Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
Ability and willingness to travel between worksite
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.