Fettes College is one of the UK’s foremost independent co-educational boarding and day schools. Situated in Edinburgh, a city rich in history, learning and culture, Fettes College is a centre of educational excellence, a reputation it has held for one hundred and fifty years.
Fettes College Guangzhou (FCG), opened in September 2020, as the first overseas campus of Fettes College. The new school is closely linked to Fettes College and sharing its ethos and vision: To provide the highest quality holistic, and broad-based education that will stretch and challenge its students, equipping them with the qualifications, skills and personal qualities that enable them to flourish and succeed at school and beyond. The partnership of Fettes College and Bright Scholar Group bring depth of educational experience from both the UK and China.
Fettes College Guangzhou is located on a spacious, world-class campus in Zengcheng, bordered by forests and hills, and yet is within one hour’s drive of Guangzhou city centre and Baiyun International Airport. The campus has been designed with flair and imagination to capture the unique character and features of Fettes’ Edinburgh campus.
The role will report to the Head of Senior School. The successful candidate will lead on academic matters across the School with a particular focus on the international curricula delivered in the Middle and Senior schools. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to shape the academic and pastoral life of a new school and to develop as a leader in a dynamic international setting.
The appointee will be an excellent teacher with a good track record of success in middle or senior leadership. He or she will combine a passion for outstanding teaching and learning with the organisational and people management skills to build the academic leadership team for a new school. Whilst experience of the IB is not essential, an affinity with the IB educational philosophy and values is important. Similarly, direct experience in boarding is not a pre-requisite but candidates should demonstrate a genuine resonance with holistic education and a willingness to engage fully in the life of a boarding school. We seek to appoint passionate teachers with the vision, ambition and drive to contribute to our rapidly expanding School. Outstanding interpersonal and relational skills are a must, along with a desire to innovate and embrace the challenges and delights that will come with being part of our team.
All applications must consist of the following completed documents:
• Completed application form (available on TES Online).
• Letter of application (maximum one and a half sides, Garamond 12) addressed to Mr Marco Longmore, Head of Fettes College Guangzhou. Please state clearly in your letter your teaching experience, together with details of your co-curricular strengths and contributions. This should be attached to your electronic application.
• CV (maximum four sides) naming two referees, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer. This should be attached to your electronic application.
Please note: Incomplete applications will not be considered and Fettes College Guangzhou reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the process: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered upon receipt and selected candidates will be invited to interview in the coming weeks.
Candidates selected for interview will be invited to interview with the Head of College or other senior leaders to discuss their experience and interest in the role. Depending on your location, interviews will be conducted in the following cities or via video conference:
• Guangzhou, China
• Hong Kong, China
• Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Fettes College Guangzhou is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practice, and all appointments are subject to an interview, satisfactory references as well as identity and criminal record checks.
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Attend regular in-house Child Protection and Safeguarding programmes and training and sign a Code of Conduct.
• Play a leading role in promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all students in the school.
• Report to the Child Protection Coordinator or one of his deputies any concerns they have for the welfare of a student.
• Report to the Child Protection Coordinator or one of his deputies any unsafe practices witnessed within the school.
• Keep professional relationships with students where personal boundaries are respected and maintained.
• International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) prior to the start of contract
• Formal proof of identity with photo ID (Original Driving License / Passport)
• At least 2 confidential references (one of which will be from the candidate’s current headteacher or employer) before the start of contract
• Verification of original qualifications
Candidates who are currently in China will be given priority.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Fettes College Guangzhou
- Mainstream school
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of age 2 - 18 years
Fettes College is one of the UK’s foremost independent co-educational day and boarding schools. Situated in Edinburgh, Scotland’s gracious and vibrant capital city, rich in history, learning and culture, the College has enjoyed a reput...