Senior School Meals Supervisory Assistant
• Grade Scale 4 Points 7-10 Salary: £8537 - £9003
• 15 hours per week, term time only (plus 3 CPD days)
• Hours 10.15 am -1.15pm
• Term Time Only – Permanent Post
This post is open to applications from those with team leadership experience, however we will also consider applications from experienced SMSAs who are keen to develop their leadership and organisational skills.
Please ensure that you read the Job Description and Person Specification to establish that you meet the requirements for this post. You should use the personal statement section of the application form to demonstrate your suitability for the post and to state what you will bring to the role. The recruitment pack containing the Job description and personal specification is available from Catherine Lambert in the school office.
The children at Castlebar have a range of complex learning difficulties and candidates should expect to work with children with Autism, Down’s Syndrome and Challenging Behaviour.
You will have very good organizational and interpersonal skills:
• Have experience of working with children and preferably with special needs
• Be a clear communicator
• Be able to work with a range of people to develop their strengths
• Be energetic and take an active role in developing games & activities for the children in the playground
• Be a good role model and lead by example
• Have high expectations of the team and the children
• Be able to remain calm and to work positively with children even when they may be challenging
• Be able to follow school policy
• Be prepared to attend training courses, including first aid
The deadline for completed applications is: Wednesday 18th September 2019
Interviews will be held on: TBC
Castlebar is committed to Safeguarding Children - All candidates will require Enhanced DBS clearance. Candidates who have lived or worked abroad may require an overseas police check and will be asked to provide a good conduct certificate.