The British School Manila has a requirement for a prospective member of the teaching staff who will take the position in August 2017
Senior School Teacher
We are seeking to appoint a Senior School teacher with responsibility for learning and teaching in the aforementioned subject. The successful candidate must be innovative, enthusiastic, highly motivated and learning-focused. IB or A level experience is essential.
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
You will need to demonstrate that you are dedicated to a culture of excellence through:
- Having high expectations for students’ learning and personal development, ensuring they are challenged to fulfill their potential through application and effort as lifelong learners.
- Being an outstanding, experienced classroom practitioner, who is passionate about learning and can challenge and motivate students, whilst demonstrating a clear understanding of how learning is developed.
- Having a commitment to a holistic education that develops skills, concepts and understandings, designed to prepare students for the demands of the 21st century.
- Using high quality assessment practices to provide rich feedback that promotes learning.
- Building positive relationships with students by fostering a learning environment where students feel comfortable taking risks and are empowered to drive their own learning.
- Being able to fully collaborate with teams on the school’s learning journey.
- Contributing to the wider life of the school, including the broad co-curricular programme.
We can offer:
- Highly motivated, engaged and enthusiastic students
- A school with a real sense of community
- A school that is focused on learnin (https://twitter.com/BSM_1976Learn)
- An inclusive team of motivated and dedicated teachers and support staff
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- And, it's more fun in the Philippine (http://itsmorefuninthephilippines.com/)
BSM follows Child Protection and Safeguarding policies in line with UK standards; all successful candidates will be required to submit a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate upon appointment.
To apply, please send your application letter, CV and a recent photo to: email@example.com
Please refer to www.britishschoolmanila.org for more information about the school.
Closing date for applications: noon GMT on Friday 30th December 2016
Interviews will be held in Manila for candidates in the region from the week beginning the 10th January 2017 and in London at the start of January 2017.
The British School Manila (BSM) is a highly regarded co-educational British international school established in 1976. The School is proud to uphold the high standard of the British education system and we take full advantage of our multi-cultural setting. We are accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and also a member of The Federation of British International Schools in Southeast Asia and East Asia (FOBISIA).
At present 900+ students aged 3-18 are on roll and 37 nationalities are represented. British children make up 33%, Filipino 22%, Australian and Canadian 9% and Americans 6% of the total student population.