Fixed-term part-time for 2020 (0.55 – 0.75 FTE).
Commencing Term 1.
About the Senior School Teacher – English
We are seeking a professional, and suitability qualified English Teacher to join our English Faculty located in the Senior School. You will be expected to build positive relationships with students, parents and colleagues and collaborate with colleagues to ensure the best possible outcomes for students.
The ability to teach Psychology will be highly advantageous.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Plan and organise content into coherent, well-sequenced learning and teaching programs in line with the Australian Curriculum and Faculty curriculum documentation
- Provide feedback and professional support to improve individual student learning outcomes
- Develop, apply and record a range of assessment strategies that provide informed and timely feedback to students
- Utilise the School’s Learning Management System to enhance individual learning and provide timely feedback to students and parents regarding academic progress.
- Contribute to the development of a strong learning community and culture
- Develop positive and professional relationships with students, parents and colleagues
- Contribute to collegial discussions and planning to improve the learning outcomes for students
- Contribute to Pastoral Care and Co-curricular programs of the School
Key Selection Criteria: Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Demonstrated passion for and experience in teaching English.
- Innovative and exemplary classroom practitioner with a proven record of student outcomes
- High level of ICT skills, knowledge and effective incorporation into classroom practice, including 1:1 laptop program
- The capacity to cater for students with a range of abilities and learning styles within the classroom and to monitor, and respond to, student progress
- The capability to work cooperatively with students, staff and parents to produce the best learning outcomes for students
- Regular and up to date professional knowledge and learning
- Support for the ethos of an independent, coeducational, Uniting Church school
- Ability and willingness to teach Psychology is advantageous
Key Selection Criteria: Personal Qualities:
- Enthusiastic, resilient and optimistic educator
- A high level of organisational ability; is flexible and can prioritise and manage multiple demands in a fast-paced environment
- High level of communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills which enable positive relationships to be built with managers, peers, staff, parents and students
- Able to successfully work independently, and collaboratively, as part of a team
- A commitment to lifelong learning and continuous improvement
A position description is available on our website under Careers. www.westminster.school
For further information about this role please contact the email@example.com
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to Mr David Wallage, Head of Senior School as soon as possible.
Applications will be reviewed and progressed when received.
Applications will only be accepted when submitted through Seek.
Westminster, where you can achieve more than you thought possible.