Senior Science Technician (0.8 term time only)
Closing Date: Monday 8th July
Interview Date: TBC
Salary: Up to £20,720.00 per annum depending on experience (pro rata)
Nelson and Colne College are an Ofsted Outstanding College with an excellent local reputation. We are looking for a Senior Science Technician to join our talented and learner focused team on a 38-week term-time only basis working approximately 29.6 hours per week. This post is based at our Accrington site and is a standalone role.
Supporting our Higher Education team, the successful candidate will be able to prepare and maintain resources for the Access to HE Science sessions and the BSc (Hons) Sports Science programmes. Including preparing micro-biological media and culture linked to the curriculum which mainly has a biology/human physiology focus but also includes one unit of chemistry. The ideal candidate will have a “hands-on” approach and demonstrate best practice in line with the College’s policies and procedures.
Main duties include:
• Research, design and trial practicals, as required
• Set-up and remove equipment in laboratories, as required
• Clean and maintain equipment and apparatus
• Care for plant and animal collections
• Assist in practical classes, when required
• Safe treatment and disposal of materials, including hazardous substances
• Maintaining the risk register
• Overseeing and managing local stock
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a Level 2 qualification in Science, Maths and English at Grade C or above
• Have a lab technician qualification, and/or science study at Level 4 or above
• Keep up to date with current laboratory practise
• Demonstrate experience of working in a science laboratory
How to apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete the online application process.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.