Senior Science Technician
Salary: NJC 13 FTE £22,627
Hours: 37 hours a week and 39 weeks per year
Inspire their remarkable with us
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Senior Science Technician. You will be involved in supporting teachers in the delivery of science studies to students, therefore detailed knowledge of Health and Safety legislation is essential, as you will be handling hazardous equipment and tools.
As our new Senior Science Technician we will nurture, support and challenge you in your career. By working closely with the Science team and support staff across the Academy we will encourage you to continue to develop your skills.
- Be able to offer invaluable practical and administrative support to teaching staff to support Science lessons.
- Take a lead support role in the department and help support the Science Technician in making sure all Science lessons are well resourced to help aid outstanding learning.
- Ideally have experience of working in a school environment and be aware of the Health and Safety involved in the role or be a graduate with considerable laboratory experience looking to enter into work in education.
- Have good numeracy and Literacy skills with at least an NVQ2 in Laboratory and Associated Technical Activities (LATA) Educational or NVQ2 School Support Staff, or other appropriate equivalent qualification or experience
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - Google Workspace Enterprise for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date: Friday 17 September 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today:
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/initial-teacher-training for further details.
Tendring Technology College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Tendring Technology College is a large split site comprehensive school for students aged 11-18, located in the pleasant village of Thorpe-le-Soken and the historic town of Frinto...