Required as soon as possible we are looking to recruit a Senior Science Technician. Educated to a minimum of GCSE Grade C or equivalent in Maths, English and at least one A Level in a Science subject, the ideal candidate will have an eye for detail whilst working with speed and precision in a busy Science department. The ideal candidate will:
• have an ability to provide the key technical and practical support required by the Science department on a daily basis;
• supervise the Science Technician to ensure all classrooms are fully resourced and Science staff have the appropriate level of technical support;
• ensure that the health and safety in the Science Prep Room is paramount at all times;
• to be committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of young people and to demonstrate this commitment in every aspect of this post;
• have technical experience, with the ability to prioritise preparation of resources on a daily basis;
• demonstrate the confidence to demonstrate tasks to students if required;
• enjoy encouraging, motivating and inspiring young people;
• be committed to our ethos that all students can achieve at Horbury Academy.
Horbury Academy has:
• ambitious, eager to learn students who have the benefit of both an innovative curriculum and extra curriculum programme;
• a safe, caring environment where respect and consideration is taught, established and valued by all;
• warm, dedicated and well trained staff who are committed to doing their best for students every single day;
• a number of benefits to offer including a fantastic internal CPD programme, free parking, vibrant, multi-million pound state of the art facilities that foster excellence in teaching and learning, and a great location which is accessible from J40 of the M1.
If you would like to arrange a visit to the academy please do not hesitate to contact us on 01924 282740.
Closing Date is Wednesday 26 June 2019.
Interviews will likely take place week commencing 1 July 2019.
Please note CV’s will not be accepted, application forms can be found on our jobs page.
Horbury Academy is committed to the Equalities Act 2010 and also to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children and young people, by adhering to the “Keeping Children Safe in Education” guidance. All staff and volunteers are regularly trained regarding our expectations in keeping our students safe. An enhanced DBS is required for every post.