As a Senior Sports Worker in Children and Young People’s Service you will work alongside highly skilled professionals towards the achievement of better outcomes for children, young people and families in Hackney by:
- Using sport as a tool to provide high quality, effective and responsive early help and preventative services for children and young people in Hackney.
- Giving children and young people opportunities and encouragement to get involved in activities that complement and enhance their physical and emotional well-being, and which support their educational attainment and transition to employment.
- Using sport and physical activity to empower and enable young people to make the transition to a successful and enriched adulthood.
- Using sport and physical activity to break down barriers so that all young people have the opportunity to succeed, and achieve.
- Providing additional support as required at critical times and stages of a young person’s development.
- Supporting young people to do things for themselves individually and collectively and to be active participants in their community.
- Supporting schools with the delivery and development of high quality PE and school sport.
Dynamic, committed and passionate you will actively contribute to the creation, delivery and development of new and innovative programmes to engage young people in sport and physical activity, particularly focusing on target groups of young people who do not take part in sport and physical activity. You will assist in the creation and management of a traded PE and schools offer, and assist with the development and management of a universal PE and school sports offer which includes school competitions and CPD programmes.
Candidates should have:
- Relevant professional or occupational qualification in youth work, teaching, health or social work.
- A minimum of two years’ experience of direct work with children and families.
- Knowledge and experience of managing and delivering PE and school sport.
- Sporting or outdoor education qualifications, e.g. BAWLA, MLA, FA level 1 or other governing body awards.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
An enhanced DBS check is required.
If you share our values and are ready to be part of our exciting journey please visit our website to apply.
Please include a supporting statement with your application
Closing date for applications: 11th December 2016.
Interview date(s): To be advised
We are passionate about equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply.